Material aid at the Aid Station
Material aid is collected in Turku to help people who have fled the war in Ukraine. Aid is collected at the joint Aid Station of the Turku and Kaarina parish union, the City of Turku and the Red Cross.
Aid Station is on a break. During the break, we will consider, what kind of aid the Ukrainians at Turku region will need at that point.
We will inform of future plans on this site later.
Want to donate?
Donations can be brought to the Aid Station (at Rautakatu 10, see the map) on Mondays from 9 am to 6 pm and Tuesdays from 3 pm to 6 pm.
You can donate (updated 8 June):
- Unopened toiletry and sanitary packages (especially shampoo & conditioner, children/baby mild body wash, deodorants – also for men, moisturizer, lip balm, band-aid, antiseptic wipes, sanitary napkins, tampons, intimate care wipes)
- Diaper pants size 5 to 7
- Toilet papers
- Cleaning supplies , wash basins
- Hand dishwasher liquid, laundry detergent
- Dry food and preserves (especially coffee, tea, sugar, rice, instant mashed potatoes, canned meat, canned fruit, spices, dry yeast, oil, flour, sweets, biscuits, smoothies, juices, infant formula)
- Baking sheets and plastic wrap
- Corona test kits
- Cleaning wipes
- Bicycles (in good condition) for children and adults as well as new cycling helmets
- New pillows and blankets
- First aid kits
- Crochet hooks, wool yarn, sewing thread, sewing needles
- Food for dogs and cats
- Coffee makers, kettles, extension cords
- Saucepans, frying pans, oven pans
- Potato mashers, graters, thermos bottles
- Whisks, mixing bowls
- Notebooks, pencils, rubbers, sharpeners, pencil cases
- Childrens schoolbags and backpacks for adults
- Legos and small cars (Hotwheels etc.)
- Hobby supplies such as: balls, rackets, frisbees, chessboards
It is important that donated items are clean and in good condition so that they can be given to those who need them. Clothing donations are not accepted at the moment. The Aid Station website will have an announcement when the situation changes.
For more information on making donations, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 040 341 7600. You can reach staff by phone from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 3 pm.
Need material aid?
Necessities free of charge are available for those arriving from Ukraine at the Aid Station. You can get household supplies, toys and other necessities at the Aid Station.
Aid Station, Rautakatu 10, is open for those who need aid on Tuesdays from 10 am to 2 pm, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 am to 3 pm
At the Aid Station, you can get unused hygiene supplies and nappies as well as bed sheets and towels, kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies, toys, games, preserves and other dry food. Available supplies vary day by day, and we cannot guarantee that all goods will always be available.
The goods at the Aid Station are received as donations, meaning that some items may be used. All items are clean and in good condition.
Further information turku.fi:
- Questions and answers on Ukraine situation for those living in TurkuLinkki avautuu uudessa välilehdessä
- Instructions for those arriving in TurkuLinkki avautuu uudessa välilehdessä
Become a volunteer?
We are looking for volunteers to help with sorting out the donated items and pack them to be delivered for the beneficiaries. Shifts are 3-4 hours long. The task involves physical activity.
For additional information and enrolling in the task please contact email@example.com.
During the summerbreak you can volunteer at Helpcenter in Raisio. For additional information and enrolling in the task please contact Ukraina-koordinator Maarit Kokkonen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The work community together?
Would your work community be inspired to gather donations together? Contact Aid Station 040 3417600.